badge

Thursday, June 5, 2014

HIMYM- season finale review

it should have more like "how I met your mother after 7 years and then she died and I married your aunt" seriously, a big flop shop for HIMYM fans. thank goodness I was just a Barney LEGEND--wait for it-ARY Stinson fan and remained till now.

Craig Thomas and Carter Bays just spent an entire season on the weekend of Robin and Barney's wedding, only to have them get divorced in the blink of an eye.I mean, this is crap.I was actually getting over ted-robin and wished Barney Luck ..urrrrrgh..



Starting in 2005 the makers decided to kill off the title character so that her husband Ted (Josh Radnor) could be with Robin (Cobie Smulders), the woman he fell for in the very first episode. Thomas and Bays were convinced this was the right ending so they recorded the scenes with Ted’s children, featured at the end of the series finale, during season two.It could have worked but they were rushing in the finale and specially the last episode looked like a sprint.

however they put a decent ending to all the characters. Lily became pregnant with their third child and she and Marshall finally decided to leave the old apartment. Barney went back to his old ways.  He then embarked on a perfect month, banging 31 girls in 31 days, until number 31 got pregnant and had baby girl Ellie. In a moving scene, Barney said to the baby, "You are the love of my life. Everything I have and everything I am is yours forever.

This isn’t a perfect ending; the ground covered in the finale could have filled an entire season instead of being crammed into a single hour
I even got a taunt from my brother who used to crib on me for downloading HIMYM series and wasting bandwidth, when I told him the mother died in the end, all he did was give a villainous laugh..






No comments:

Post a Comment